Become a Bail Bond Runner
If you are looking for a fun and rewarding career, take a look at becoming a Bail Bond Runner. Bail Bond Runners play a very important role in the criminal justice sector.
The journey to becoming a Runner in South Carolina is not difficult and is pretty much straightforward:
1. Meet the basic requirements of the South Carolina Dept. of Insurance
All Runners must meet the following criteria BEFORE they apply for a license:
- 18 years old or older
- A resident of South Carolina
- A person of good moral character
- Must not have any felony convictions of a crime involving moral turpitude in the last ten (10) years
The requirements are easy to meet and anyone that is willing to put in the required hours for learning can become a licensed Runner in South Carolina in minimal time.
The Pre-Licensing Course for Runners in South Carolina is the same course that Bail Bondsmen must take which is a mandatory, 30-hour course course (administered only by educators certified by the Dept. of Insurance) that covers general insurance and its regulations, the legal framework of contracts, Chapter 53 of the South Carolina Code of Laws, and the principles of bail bonding. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will be issued a certificate of completion.
3. Take and pass the state licensing exam.
Register for the [SC Professional Bail Bondsman/Runner exam at PSI Exams] to schedule a time and date. The test will take around 65 minutes and requires a $45 exam fee. Below is the [outline of the exam]:
10% – Insurance Regulation
29% – The Legal Framework
61% – Bail Bond Principles and Practices
When you pass your exam, you can proceed with your license application through the NIPR. Your test scores are good for 1 year.
4. Obtain a limited lines producer license.
5. Apply for your Runners License.
Visit the National Insurance Producer Registry website [(NIPR)] and apply for a Runners license. You’ll also need to provide the following to the South Carolina Dept. of Insurance:
- Limited lines producer license
- Licensing fee of $40
- One passport-sized photograph
- Certificate of Completion of your pre-licensing course
- Your licensing exam report from PSI
- Two fingerprint cards (a separate requirement from your Producer License)
- Proof of appointment with a South Carolina Surety Bail Bondsman or Professional Bondsman.
For more details, visit the [SC Department of Insurance website].
Get Appointed with Bailout Bail Bonds
Become a Runner appointed with Bailout Bail Bonds
While it’s possible to begin a career in becoming a Runner on your own, Bailout Bail Bonds offers you an easier way to become a Runner and potentially becoming a Bail Bondsman and having the chance to establish your own bail bond agency.
At Bailout Bail Bonds, we help educate agents and provide the assistance you need. With our guidance, you can look forward to a rewarding career as a Runner in South Carolina.
We’d love to talk more about how we can help you start your career as a Bail Bond Runner. Check out our company profile on Indeed.com and feel free to fill out an application. You can also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.